Sunday 26 August 2012

Sewing finally!!

After a recent trip out with my huge handbag (fits every one stuff in, but you can't find anything you need, I'm sure you know what I mean!!) I thought it was time for a new small bag.

I follow a blog called 'Flying Blind On A Rocket Cycle' and she recently made a bag from a free pattern. The pattern can be found at 'Made By Rae' and is called the Buttercup Bag.

So whilst out school uniform shopping we happened to call at our local quilting shop. After a chat and some debate the fabric was selected. Now the sewing can begin.

 
The pattern suggested using a magnetic fastener, which I spent ages searching the house for - without success. Also I made the strap a little wider. The pattern was easy to follow and quick to complete.
 
 
The light was pretty bad so the photo's are not great. I will now be looking for some more fabric in different colours. Maybe a blue outer bag with fish fabric lining. (I have loads left over from the fish tank project!!!)
 

1 comment:

  1. Really nice bag. I might have a look at the pattern. Love the lining material too

    ReplyDelete