Monday 13 August 2012

I will sew again ! (but not today)

One day soon I will sew again, but as many parents out there will understand in the summer holidays it can be difficult to fit it all in.

Back to our fifty things. On Sunday we collected our nets and buckets ready to fish. Our chosen location was a quiet section on the Lancaster canal. A quick phone call and the children had 'persuaded' there Auntie and Uncle to bring the canoe.

I've never canoed but my Sister and family have an inflatable canoe and life jackets.
We had a bit of rain, but the sun eventually shone. No one fell in (bonus) and a total of 18 fish where caught (the dead one I caught didn't count)




Number 8 - Catch a fish with a net.
Number 50 - Canoe down a river (too dangerous, the canal is better)

Thanks again to my Sister and family for the canoe and being 'the expert advice and supervision'.



1 comment:

  1. You've just reminded me, we made a list of fifteen things at the beginning of the holidays - three things each - and I think to date, we have accomplished.....not a jot.

    Oh dear - I must rectify that soon.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete