Wednesday 23 September 2015

Bye bye kitchen from 1970 . . . .

So many moons ago I mentioned our 'kitchen project'


Our old kitchen was . . . . . very old.
Probably installed when the house was built in early 1970.



(If the Video works it shows the project from start to finish. I was really struggling getting my slide show to work, so after I googled it I just asked my daughter and she did it for me. That should be a suggestion on google, ask a teenager!!

If the video doesn't work for you, then here are some finished photos)



We have done most of the work ourselves.


We got my brother in law for electrical instruction and connection.


We also got in a professional for the worktop joints.


And we relied on family for:
General advise
General assistance
Being bored rigid listening to kitchen talk but hiding it really well.

So to celebrate finishing off the extractor fan today, I might bake tomorrow.
I always feel like baking after watching Bake Off



I'm hoping these extra videos might work for people viewing on tablets (mainly my Mum and Sisters)

8 comments:

  1. Well done, it looks amazing. A beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really needed to focus on the end goal, we've had some very messy weeks!! Sarah

      Delete
  2. Well done, you must be delighted with your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amazes me when we're still taking at the end (me and my other half) because DIY is pretty stressful !! But yes we are both pleased with the results! Sarah

      Delete
  3. Sadly the videos don't work for me, but thank you for the photos of your lovely new kitchen - I have to admit I rather like the lurid turquoise seventies pattern, but I'm not sure if I could actually live with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That (insert bad word) video!!! It's driven me mad. It won't work on my tablet but works on my laptop but doesn't work on my mums laptop......hopefully you still get the 'before / after' idea. Sarah

      Delete
  4. It looks great, and I really enjoyed the video. A really fun way to watch the room's progress. We need a new kitchen and my heart kind of sinks at the mess and disruption that lies ahead. Also , I have to say - I just love that wallpaper you find hidden under the light switch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mess was worth it, but I still can't find the box of glasses I packed away over two months ago!! I think I put them in a safe place.......I think the worst bit was the food, suddenly you can't think of anything to eat that doesn't require cooking!! At least whilst you wait to start your kitchen you can plan out what you want!!! Sarah

      Delete