Sunday, 1 December 2013

Nearly finished 'Boy Quilt'

So a few weeks ago I started to make a quilt for my little boy. In a break from the norm, I thought I should FINISH it.

Tracking down the half done quilt was a little difficult . . . 

I couldn't remember why I made the quilt top so long and thin, especially when I had 24 spare squares left over. So after a re-iron, I laid out the pieces.

I decided to make one new 'joining strip'

With all my new squares made I had to take a break.

As my Mum was out for the day, the family dogs required a run around, stretch there legs etc. (only one dog would stay still for a photo!!)

Back to the sewing and with a little fiddly matching up, the front was finished.

I started the quilting on Saturday, just simple straight lines. Although fitting the quilt through the machine was difficult. . . .

Today I attached the binding, machine stitched to the front and hand stitched to the back later when watching TV.
 Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures of the finished quilt this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment