Monday 1 October 2018

The Camber Set

At the start of September I purchased the Merchant and Mills pattern for The Camber Set.


I bought some cheap denim look fabric.


Then out came the grease proof paper!!


I always trace the pattern as 
 I'm always a bit cautious about pattern sizes.
(High street sizes and pattern sizes always seam to differ)


The dress went together well until I tried it on!!


My measured size, which I'd traced out and cut, was too big!
So a quick adjust, sew down both sides and try on again.


I added some pockets which breaks up the plain front.


I love this dress, it fits and feels great.


Last week, whilst wearing dress one I made dress two!!


I had lots of the denim fabric left but wanted to add another fabric.


I had to re traced the smaller pattern.


But the dress came together really quickly.


I did have the beginnings of a cold/cough, so I left all the tying in of ends for another day. 


This time I added some side pockets. 


So the pattern cost £14.50 and the fabric was a bargain at £7.50 for 3 metres.


That's two dresses for £22 


I've since bought some fabric for a top!!



1 comment:

  1. What a bargain, a great pattern and I love the fabric. Great all year round dress.

    ReplyDelete