A few weeks ago I bought a sewing pattern, unfortunately I got the wrong size.
I then spent a full day attempting to exchange it for the larger size. The shop I purchased it from wouldn't change it even though they never actually told me it was non returnable!!!!!
Anyway one phone call to Simplicity and all my problems where solved (no I didn't miraculously lose weight, they sent me a new pattern)
So onto the sewing. First I read and re-read the pattern. Then I started to make the skirt out of some calico to check I had the right size.
I always trace the pattern off the sheet using grease proof paper.
The pattern starts to make more sense as you go.
I didn't finish the first skirt (it was obviously not the right size)
So I traced another set of patterns and got on with the chosen fabric.
This time it was quicker, having already done the first few steps before.
Next was the zip / yoke area.
Back to reading the pattern (with some raspberry cider)
I finished the skirt at the weekend. Then took it to my Mums for her opinion.
We decided it needed a few modifications. . . . .
I added some ribbon and made it slightly straighter and a little shorter.
So the finished skirt (the colour looks a bit washed out in the photo)
I do have a little confession to make, I haven't worn a skirt since school and that's over twenty years ago.
I'd love to make another because I really enjoyed it but first I must try and wear it!!!!!!