Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer Birthday Number 2

So what do you do in very hot weather? Well isn't it obvious, you switch on the oven and do some baking.

That was yesterdays job, it was too hot for the icing so I did that early this morning.


First I layered the cake with my butter cream and jam.
Then I realised I didn't have enough 'ready to roll icing'. 


So I sent my other half to the shop and continued with the fairy cakes.




Back to the birthday cake. What better for a little boy than spiders!!!
(not edible...)


Then we set off for the party destination, my Mum and Dads.


This was very much the calm before the storm.


The boys had a great time, there was lots of  running around with a little survival 'fire lighting' thrown in (closely supervised, of coarse!!) 
 We all really enjoyed the afternoon, but now it's time for a chilled glass of wine.

P.S. I'd like to say a big Thankyou to my Mum and Dad for lending us a beautiful venue and a big Thankyou to everyone who came.


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to the birthday boy xx

    ReplyDelete