Saturday 3 September 2016

The Great Northern Quilt Show

So yesterday we had a final day out of the summer holidays.


It was just my Mum, Me and My Son. (My Daughter was back at school)


I think you can guess from the photos, it was a 'sewing' based day out.


Friday, Saturday and Sunday its the Great Northern Quilt Show at the Great Yorkshire Showground Harrogate.


The show is now in a fancy new show hall, with plenty of light and space.


The quality of the work on show really does get better and better every year


I especially love the primary colours set against a white background.


And I also really like the dark, neutral background of grey.


All the quilts on show are to such a high standard.



The hours and hours of work that must go into them.


The red and white colours below really appeal to me, the entire quilt was made using traditional paper piecing. That in itself is truly amazing, then add in that all the blocks are different and you really do have a show winner.


So do you want to see the piles and piles of fabric I bought?

Well I think I might be suffering from a 'illness' because I didn't buy any fabric!! 
I know shock, horror!! 


I did come home with a beautiful book, a couple of  leaflets/cards of websites I want to look up and the 'Kinder egg bribes' I bought for my Son to keep his energy up and his whining level to a minimum.
He was really good, as always, but he did nearly knock himself out when trying some crazy move while getting out of the car!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not going this year for the first time in years as I went to festival of quilts at the nec instead. Great to see it through your eyes instead. Love the Alice in wonderland one best. The colourful bouquet of flowers one is stunning too. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting us at CoolCrafting and buying the book, which I'm also coveting! You've also reminded me to find time to look at the quilts tomorrow. Your pictures have inspired me! Do come and see us in Kirkby Lonsdale too! Sarah from CoolCrafting X

    ReplyDelete