Wednesday 17 August 2016

Beside the sea side, beside the sea. . . . . .

School holidays always involve a trip to the beach.


Today's beach was Blackpool, not the prom section but further down the coast near the airport. 


Its was windy, too windy for hair styling on the beach!!!!



It was wellies for me and my Daughter but my Son chose some lovely purple crocs!!



Normally the wind on the beach is chilly no matter what time of year but today it was lovely and warm, almost tropical.

  

Obviously I collected a few shells . . . . 


My son enjoyed some digging whilst my daughter hoped for rescue.
(It wasn't her idea of fun, she's passed digging in the sand with her hands.
Now if she had her spade . . . . . well that would be different)




We had a very hot drive home.


Just time for my son to make Focaccia bread.
How messy that boy gets, "Go on then, if you've finished kneading it you can lick your hands" 
Minutes later he has dough all over his face!!!





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day out, nothing beats a day at the beach whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so nice on the beach this week, I don't think I've ever known it to be so busy here.

    ReplyDelete