Wednesday 23 April 2014

Beach . . .

We always try to take a trip to the sea side in the school holidays and over half term we headed to Cleveleys near Blackpool.



The beach had some new (to us) additions.



All the sculptures are based on a book called 'The sea swallow'


The shell was especially interesting to me, as I'm a engineer by profession, so looking and wondering how it was made. . . well where do you start. . .  what would the manufacturing drawing look like?. . . . etc.

The children had run off and left me behind!


 We will definitely visit again, but maybe I should have a look at the book!

Ooh why does it feel like weeks since the school holidays, its only day two of school?

2 comments:

  1. What a great place to visit, sea side and sculptures, love anything like this. Putting on my list to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful day. If you add blue sky to a day out, it's always better!! Sarah

      Delete