Thursday 4 April 2013

A day at the seaside!

Well, not really. On Wednesday we headed off to Southport and although it is technically by the sea, the tide is nearly always out. We had a lovely look around the shops, then called at my sisters for tea and biscuits on the way home.

I took my camera with me but didn't take any photos. My photos never look great on a busy high street (especially when your trying to keep track of a very bouncy boy who feels too old to hold hands)

I did treat myself to a new book. After watching the new BBC Sewing programme on Tuesday night I realized that most of my sewing techniques have been passed on from my Mum (forgetting some bits along the way) or self taught, with lots of trial and lots more error. So the book I bought is. . . .


We also saw this book below. My daughter loved the rag doll and I remembered having a similar set as a child. But when you have two children with you its difficult to buy for just one. So we left the book behind.


When we got home I had a look on amazon, it was only then that I realized we had the very same dolls house as children. I took that as a sign, so I ordered the book. (I just looooove books and it will be a lovely surprise for my daughter)

I'm still waiting for my Mum to check under the stairs to see if the dolls house is still there!! 



1 comment:

  1. We went to Southport earlier in the year and the sea was there! I am 38 years old and I think that was the first time. Luckily I had my camera so I have proof as no-one believed me!

    ReplyDelete