Sunday 19 August 2018

Week Four - Wales

Week four of the holidays started off pretty much like all the others. 



A combination of work, computer games, washing, ironing (very minimal) and on wednesday night some quick packing.



I booked us a few nights away in Wales.



Its years since we visited Wales.



On our last trip my small boy was in a pram, eating mushed up food.



Now he's twelve, he's eating more than me!



If you know north Wales you'll recognise the photos.



 We visited Bodnant Gardens on our way to Caernarfon.



 Its so beautiful.


We stayed in Caernarfon, so we obviously visited the Castle.





Its huge, lots of dark passage ways and loads of spiral staircases.


If you suffer from the same condition that me and my son have, jelly legs, you'll only manage to get so high.


But if you're part mountain goat, like my other half and my daughter, well its just up, up, up!


Can you see them below?


It doesn't look too high but it was.


I really enjoyed peeping out, looking at the town outside.


Also on my list of places to visit was the Janet Bell Gallery in Beaumaris.



She has so many lovely things in both the gallery and the shop, I couldn't leave empty handed!



We also visited Beaumaris castle.




Not quite as grand as Caernarfon but much more manageable for anyone suffering from ' Jelly legs'



We all made it to the top and whilst clutching the handrail I managed to take a photo or two!



Out on the pier we viewed the crabbing.


After Beaumaris we visited Moelfre to meet some friends who are holidaying on Anglesey.


Lots of chatting but not many photos!


Sunday morning we packed up and headed home.
We all looked forward to picking Penny up.
 (She was on a mini holiday, staying with my Mum & Dad)

So what to do in week four?




1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like a great holiday. Sadly, I suffer with 'jelly legs' not sure I would have managed all those steps.

    ReplyDelete