Saturday 26 July 2014

The Giants are coming . . .

Early Friday morning we set off for the train station (along with hundreds of others) to head into Liverpool to see the Giants.


The little girl is beautiful and her dog was amazing, but its very difficult to get good photos.


As we waited for the Giant Grandma we had a chance to look at some of the amazing buildings in Liverpool.


The Giant Grandma was walking with her stick when we saw her, but she did have a wheel chair for when she felt tired !!


 The little girl looks as tired as we felt. Lots of walking, quite a bit of standing about, very hot weather - yes we where all pretty tired.


The train ride home, well what can I say.. . . queuing to get into the station, queuing for the lift (with pram), queuing in the station to get onto the platform, then queuing on the platform to get onto the train - not for the faint hearted. 

P.S. The last time the Giants came to Liverpool was for 'Sea Odyssey'.  I think this was before I started my blog but I found some photo for you to have a look at.  





9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was great but we where all pretty tired. Lovely to watch the footage on TV when we got home. Sarah

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We enjoyed seeing the giants both times, the dog is so lifelike!

      Delete
  3. They were brilliant, weren't they? The city was heaving today, but if people were coming in from the Ribble Valley to see them, I'm not surprised! Everybody I know who lives here and was in the district today was either going today or had gone yesterday! I posted my story on my blog; http://angeljemscitycottage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/sometimes-best-things-happen-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you had a great day. I wished we could have seen the little girl with her grandma but we had to get home!!

      Delete
  4. We're regular visitors to Liverpool - such a great city and so many amazing things to see. It's a phtographer's dream!
    I heard about the clamour for the trains and just couldn't face that, the heat and trying to keep hold of Joe. You're very brave and your photos are fantastic.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love liverpool they have some great events on. We where in a party of eight with two small children, it certainly wasn't an easy day out but luckily my two children are very good and that bit older. I think your little Joe would have loved the giants but maybe not the packed streets and crowded train! Sarah

      Delete
  5. Never new they did this ,looks a cool day out..

    ReplyDelete