Saturday 17 November 2018

Whats bigger than a chicken and grey?

Following on from my last post, here's my little flock of chickens.
(If you're part of my family and I ask you what you'd like for Christmas, please think carefully. 
If you say 'ooh I'm not sure', don't be overly surprised if you get a chicken head!!)


I really loved making the Chickens but I fancied trying something bigger.
Having spent a few minutes on Pinterest (probably hours if I'm honest) I visited a 'new to me' fabric shop with an open mind. Often finding the right fabric for your project is half the battle.


So I came home with grey, thinking horse, unicorn, elephant, hippo, rhino.....


Normally I'd have a go with some calico fabric for my test run, but the grey fabric was a similar price to cheap calico or cotton.


I had to do lots of trimming, unpicking, re-cutting pattern pieces, more unpicking, etc


Then a quick measure of the back of her/his head for the back board.


I've got a lot faster at cutting the wood, I think its because its FREEZING in the garage!!


A quick tidy up before the stuffing begins.

I'll tell you now, I thought I loved a Chicken head but I'm now in love with my Elephant, isn't she lovely!!


I think she needs one of those little blanket/hat/whatever, on her head with the tassels, you know, what are they called?
 (or maybe she needs a friend . . . . .)

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are on a roll, impressive. The chickens are amazing, each one with its own personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house is starting to look like a weird hunting lodge. Sarah

      Delete