Saturday 5 October 2013

My week in photos. . .

Finally we are having new heating fitted after living here for nearly four years. 


The old fire and back boiler where removed on Monday.


All the old radiators where removed giving us a glimpse of the old wall paper!!

 
New radiators went in. . . 


Along with a new, efficient, boiler. 


We removed all the old wallpaper and cutout channels in the plaster for new sockets and lights!
(very dusty work!!)


So today we are having new sockets and lights fitted and we may even tackle the 'fire hole' !!

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you were getting on....you will have a nice warm house ready for the cold weather. Did you keep a little piece of wallpaper ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept two funky pieces of wallpaper, but now they are temporarily hidden under the mountain of clutter on my table!!! Sarah

      Delete
  2. It looks like a lot of work but you must be so happy with the upgrades. The wallpaper is interesting! I'm a new follower and I'm enjoying your blog. Just wanted to say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole house has similar wallpaper but thankfully the previous owner painted most of it cream. It's hard to imagine all that colour. Sarah

      Delete
  3. I can beat that ... no heating for 13 years and hot water only in the bathroom! I am only slightly envious!! :) M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have you managed for 13 years?? For me it's the washing up, having to boil the kettle just to wash some plates !! Sarah

      Delete