Sunday 5 May 2019

Woodwork with Penny

In my proper job I use 3D Cad, I draw mechanical handling equipment and although I find it interesting most people zone out if I chat about it.

One big bonus is that I have the software at home, ready for my own small projects. 
On Thursday I thought 'Wouldn't it be nice to have a bee hive in my garden, but without huge amount of bees and the white suits'


So fast forward to Thursday lunch time and I'm at the wood yard ordering my wood!
 

On Sunday morning, fuelled with tea and assisted by Penny the dog, we made a start on my beehive.


The rest of the family went to the cinema.


Penny was my only assistant BUT she doesn't like me sawing wood or using the drill or hammering nails, she sit in the house and watches through the door.


She does like off cuts of wood, which she carries onto the the grass to chew!!!


So the finished bee hive. 
It has a hinged lid and now contains my trowel and kneeling pad.


Doesn't she look proud of her achievement.

Also Penny doesn't make cups of tea, she doesn't put away tools or sweep up and in case of an emergency (if I cut my finger off with the saw) she cannot phone for help BUT she looks pretty . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment